gmediaserver-devel

[gmediaserver-devel] SMC EzStream success!

From: Ben Hall
Subject: [gmediaserver-devel] SMC EzStream success!
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 13:31:50 -0500

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that the gmediaserver works perfectly with my SMC EzStream upnp client and the mp101 profile.

I'd like to thank all involved, as this device had been a source of frustration since my initial purchase. SMC bundles MusicMatch. Of course, this doesn't run on my Linux server. Moreover, even on Windows, the upnp server portion of MusicMatch has a tendency to just die. As if that's not bad enough, it does this in such a way that the GUI still thinks it's running.

I next turned to twonky. At around the same time, they removed the SMC box from their list of supported devices. It sort of worked, but the SMC would lose the twonky server after it had been off for a while.

Not so with the Gmediaserver! For the first time since I purchased it, the SMC works reliably every time I power it up. Not only that, after the initial scan, gmediaserver takes up far less CPU and RAM than Twonky (or Slimserver.) Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Ben