gmediaserver-devel

Re: [gmediaserver-devel] FreeBSD 6.0

From: Harry ten Berge
Subject: Re: [gmediaserver-devel] FreeBSD 6.0
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:49:27 +0100

On Monday 28 November 2005 17:42, you wrote:
> On Sunday, November 27, 2005 at 18:56, Harry ten Berge wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> [..]
>
> > But I'm thinking that libupnp should be included with gmediaserver.
> > There's also a compiler error when compiling with GCC 4.something, and
> > including it with gmediaserver (as libupnp is pretty unmaintained at the
> > moment) would make life a lot easier...
>
> Including libupnp with GMediaServer would be nice, but I'm not sure it
> would be doable with regard to licensing. Savannah, the place where
> GMediaServer is hosted, is quite strict with license requirements. Also,
> libupnp should be available for major distributions nowadays...
>
> Regards,
>
> Oskar

Well, I checked SUSE (pretty major IMHO :-) but no libupnp. If it cannot be
included with GMediaServer than we can have look at providing rpm's
ourselves, until other distro's (besides Debian) are going to include it.

I will post a request for inclusion at OpenSUSE to have a look what they'll do
with it.

Regards Harry