gmediaserver-devel

Re: [gmediaserver-devel] FreeBSD 6.0 again...

From: Peter Troon
Subject: Re: [gmediaserver-devel] FreeBSD 6.0 again...
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 13:35:41 +0100 (CET)

Hello James,

Thanks for the effort. After cleaning and removing as you suggested I installed the packages you posted. But I think my UPnP server is not working properly.

I started the gmediaserver and according to the debug information (I turned on verbose output) it runs, but no result. So I tried to connect
to the port manually and this is what it gives:

peter# telnet 10.0.0.146 49152
Trying 10.0.0.146...
Connected to peter.troon.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
SERVER: FreeBSD/6.0-RELEASE, UPnP/1.0, Intel SDK for UPnP devices /1.2
CONNECTION: close
CONTENT-LENGTH: 60
CONTENT-TYPE: text/html

Connection closed by foreign host.

So I think this confirms that it is running, but unfortunately not in the way I hoped. I also have a Windows machine with Philips Media Manager installed on it and a similar test gives me:

peter# telnet 10.0.0.151 49152
Trying 10.0.0.151...
Connected to 10.0.0.151.
Escape character is '^]'.