gmediaserver-devel

Re: [gmediaserver-devel] Bug?: Logik IR100 fails because of origin not s

From: Oskar Liljeblad
Subject: Re: [gmediaserver-devel] Bug?: Logik IR100 fails because of origin not set.
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 17:17:14 +0200

On Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 08:17, Colin Bates wrote:

Hi Colin!

> I have a Logik IR100 raido.
> I am using gmediaserver-0.13.0 and libupnp-1.3.1.
>
> When I built and installed the above software, I found I could connect to my
> server, but the music did not play.
>
> Putting verbosity up to 4 told me that the "Cannot seek: bad argument."
>
> Digging a bit the problem seems to be that "origin" is not set
> when "webserver_seek" is called.  Making the case SEEK_CUR default seemed to
> cure the problem and all seems to be working now.

Are you sure this was the problem? Because webserver_seek receives seek as
an int, and passing 0 for this value is the same as SEEK_SET.

And GMediaServer never prints 'Cannot seek' error messages - it outputs more
detailed messages such as "Attempting to seek to x (was at y) in file".

Regards,

Oskar