Re: [Gnash-dev] Developing GNASH over Qt-embedded on PXA-255board

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Developing GNASH over Qt-embedded on PXA-255board
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 09:27:22 -0600

Martin Guy wrote:

>   I haven't tried this myself yet (it's on the list...), however it
> has been x-compiled successfully and the Gnash environment is set up
> to enable cross-compiling.

  I run Gnash on several cross compiled targets, it works fine, and the
Gnash manual page should be up to date on the process. The lowest end
one is a 200Mhz ARM with 64M.

> I guess you will need the QTE header files installed also on your host
> machine as well as a set of the cross-compiled libraries also on the
> host to link against and configure with a load of of

  You can cross configure with --top-level= to point to the directory
tree of includes and libs for your target board. The main problem you
will have is Gnash doesn't have native QT support, it's the QT code is
KDE specific. So you'd have to write native QT support, and add it to
gnash/gui/. We also have plans to do this, but right now we're focused
on getting the release out.