Re: [Gnash-dev] question: sound handling in Gnash development

From: Hong Yu
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] question: sound handling in Gnash development
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:31:24 +0800

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion!

Recently we tried to port gnash-0.8.4 to arm platform but failed, because 128MB memory limit on arm could not support gnash-0.8.4's run. We then used 'valgrind massif' to obtain gnash-0.8.4's memory profile and found that gnash-0.8.4's audio handling in libmedia component contributed much to the high memory requirement at the beginning of gnash-0.8.4's run. But gnash-0.8.2 does not have the problem and can run on arm with 128MB memory limit.

Therefore we think if it possible to mix the good parts of gnash-0.8.4 and gnash-0.8.2's audio handling in libmedia, that gnash-0.8.4's audio has less bugs and gnash-0.8.2's audio needs less memory? How would you like it?

Best regards,

Hong Yu