Re: [Gnash-dev] 0.8.5 status, regular snapshots

From: Dmitry Marakasov
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] 0.8.5 status, regular snapshots
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 19:09:09 +0300

* Rob Savoye (address@hidden) wrote:

> > I saw 0.8.5 packages at http://www.getgnash.org/packages/releases/, but
> > I didn't see any announces - are those final or still prerelease/rc?
>
>   That's the release itself. I usually give them a day to get propagated
> around world before I make the announcement, which I'll be doing
> shortly. I've unfortunately already got a few bug reports on the
> release, guess that's how it goes...

Great! I've started to work on the port update. Btw, what sites do
mirror it? I've found gnashdev/getgnash (which seem to be the same
server) quite slow (~30KB/s) so I'm using my own mirror (mirror.amdim3.ru)
for the port with higher priority than getgnash, so it will be great
to add more mirrors. Will it appear on savannah?

> > Also, reviving nightly source snapshots will really be useful - neither
> > http://www.gnashdev.org/dev_snapshots/ nor
> > http://www.getgnash.org/packages/snapshots/
>
>   If you look, I've been keeping these more populated with snapshots,
> both source and binary packages...

Yep, I saw those and that's a great work, but all I need is source
snapshots to keep the -devel port up to date. Binary package isn't of
much help here.

The only up-to-date source snapshot I've seen there is
http://www.getgnash.org/packages/snapshots/gnash-prerelease_20090227.tar.gz
but that's a week ago already.

> The plan is to have buildbot crank out snapshots, both source and
> binary nightly.

That would be great, too bad it requires that much valuable developer
time...

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
address@hidden  ..:  jabber: address@hidden    http://www.amdmi3.ru