Re: [Gnash-dev] FPS sync

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] FPS sync
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 19:35:52 +0200

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 05:54:41PM +0200, Andrea Palmatè wrote:

> >Effective frame rate: 6.35 fps (min 4.73, avg 9.69, max 54.40, 170 frames
> >in 17.5 secs total)
>
> uhm, i didn't compile it with new changes but actually on my SAM 533 MHZ
> i get 1.40fps...

Ouch. Well, u2_has.swf is a bad beast. I hope our AGG-optimizer
guy will take his time to take a look at it too, to see how the
optimization change that.

Anyway I was only pointing out that the "catch-up" mechanism will
result in non-regular (not smooth) FPS experience, that is: gnash
will go faster when possible (ie: easy-to-render slices) rather then
continue with at *most* the nominal FPS.

Note that I just committed another patch implementing a frame-drop
mechanism. It's off by default because causes unpleasant behaviour
when being too late (never re-renders...) so needs to be cleaned up more.
If you want to give it a try, define SKIP_RENDERING_IF_LATE in gui/gui.h.

This is as of revision 10918.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!