Re: [Gnash-dev] Online tests

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Online tests
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 19:35:13 -0600

On 06/11/10 19:23, John Gilmore wrote:

> That's not enough.  I set one up on my machines in San Francisco as a
> buildbot, but they never got used, because Rob's buildbots were all
> organized to share a hard drive, rather than to copy over the latest
> gnash files.  He never got the sysadmin time to change his build
> over so distributed machines could do it.

  I was also handicapped by my lack of python knowledge, as to really do
anything with buildbot, you have to be a python programmer I used a
shared source tree cause bzr kept timing out on all the slower machines,
and it seemed silly to have so many copies. It would be possible to
support both local NFS mounted sources and remote bzr ones, assuming you
know python... Python seems like a nice language, I just don't have the
time to learn it to the level I needed to for these kinds of changes.

 The other buildbot issue was the test suite rarely passed. For example,
as of an update today (with an updated ming), I now get this new failure:

FAIL: action_execution_order_test8runner: gprocessor returned an error
while playing 'action_execution_order_test8-v5.swf'

  I could probably mostly automate updating the test cases along with
the package building if I put a little time into it. I could have it get
updated whenever new packages are built.