Re: [Gnash-dev] After upgrading to Firefox 24, YouTube videos never load

From: Gabriele Giacone
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] After upgrading to Firefox 24, YouTube videos never load
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 10:46:23 +0100

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 8:15 AM, Richard Wilbur <address@hidden> wrote:
>> The correct call is:
>>
>> gnash  -v -M ffmpeg 'http://www.youtube.com/v/4xeivKv5sMs?version=2'
>>
>> I actually get a deadlock in GUI after hitting play on that app,
>> but could be me having troubles.
>
> I tried the command line you suggested and got interesting results:
> the still image never changed but the audio played.  The messages sent
> to the console suggest the reason was that gnash couldn't recognize
> the video file type?  I attached the messages.

Ubuntu version is old 0.8.11~git20120629 like debian wheezy one.
Current Debian 0.8.11~git20130903-3 fixes that.

chithead reports that video started playing once you chose 240p
resolution. Can you confirm that?

A workaround is switching to gstreamer media handler:

$ echo "set MediaHandler gst" > ~/.gnashrc

In command above replace "-M ffmpeg" with "-M gst".

Someone could bisect to figure out what changes need to be backported
to fix that.

--
G..e