Re: [Gnash-dev] After upgrading to Firefox 24, YouTube videos never load

From: scott092707
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] After upgrading to Firefox 24, YouTube videos never load
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 15:55:39 -0500 (EST)

>the still image never changed but the audio played.
I have played the file successfully with smplayer, and it appears that this video HAS only a still picture and sound.

I was very surprised to find that although mplayer failed to play the file (under either the original YouTube page name, or the .../v/...
?version=2'format, smplayer had no problem with it at all, with just the regular YT page name.
Does it make sense that smplayer can play it, and mplayer cannot?
I thought smplayer was merely a gui that then used mplayer to play...

-Scott