Re: [Gnash-dev] After upgrading to Firefox 24, YouTube videos never load

From: scott092707
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] After upgrading to Firefox 24, YouTube videos never load
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 20:39:41 -0500 (EST)

Yes, adding "set MediaHandler gst" to my .gnashpluginrc file worked (after I stopped/started Firefox.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Now, the question:  why, after such a long time with no issues, would the system suddenly stop working correctly?

I would understand, if I had explicitly set the media-handler, changed it to something else, and had things stop working after I did so.

But I changed nothing.

Could something have changed in Firefox (and then Chromium), that made the default media-handler (since I did NOT set it explicitly) either:
1) stop working correctly
or
2) switch from one media-handler (which worked) to the other (which did not)?

-Scott