gnash

Re: [Gnash] working plugin checked in

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] working plugin checked in
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:41:38 -0700

Unit3 wrote:

Well, you know how long things will take to implement, whether or not
it'd be worth doing this before getting the full embedded version
working. I just know that my main reason for wanting a working Flash
plugin on AMD64 is that there's so many sites which use Flash interfaces
for navigation. :(

Which is why I'm focusing on the plugin and other issues, and not chasing down all the Flash features that still need to be implemented. That time will come soon enough.

Right now you should have a working AMD64 Flash player, although it won't help with pages that use Flash for all navigation. (since Gnash can't load a HTML page yet) So we're slowly but surely getting there !

If you get tired of waiting, I'll gladly except a patch to make Gnash use the external loading feature of Firefox, hint, hint, hint... :-)

        - rob -