Re: [Gnewsense-dev] new how to help draft page

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] new how to help draft page
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:01:30 -0400

Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> writes:

> So:
> - Builder Team
> - Website Team
> - Artwork Team
> - Documentation Team
> - Freedom Verification Team
> - Tranlation Teams
> - Community Management Team
>
> For the description of the Freedom Verification Team:
> Check if code is free of binary blobs and distributed under a free license.

I like the way the page is coming along.

I would suggest saying something at the top about what gNewSense is
*most* looking for help with at this moment in time. People may have the
skills to help with any of these tasks, and so they will wonder which
one would be most important to help with.

I also think that something should be said about the fact that gNewSense
does not have the support of corporations behind it like many other
distributions do, and so it depends on volunteer help to make things
happen. I think that will help motivate people to want to contribute.

>> I am still waiting for someone at the FSF/gNewSense to open an email
>> alias for the Volunteer Coordinator.
>>
>> gvc at nongnu.org?
>>
>> gvc at gnu.org already exists
>> gvc at gnewsense.org  I don't know if it's possible to have.
>>

> I'd rather make it a full word instead of an acronym, e.g.
> address@hidden or address@hidden Although, if we can't
> have a @gnewsense.org one, an acronym might be more practicle.

address@hidden seems like a good idea. I agree about the
acronym, now that you mention it.