[Gnewsense-dev] Location for gnewsense creation code version control

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Location for gnewsense creation code version control
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 15:57:00 -0400

So currently the builder code for gNewSense/x86 is in a svn repo at:

* http://svn.gnewsense.svnhopper.net/gnewsense/builder

And the builder code for gNewSense mipsel and powerpc is on
archive.gnewsense.org in ~rmh

It would be nice to have all the code in one place, and that that place
be set up to allow multiple people admin access (I haven't been able to
find any kind of project membership /admin tools at svnhopper.net, but I
could just be missing them.), be able to easily add people as commiters,
etc.

Unless someone would like to defend / explain how svnhopper.net is used
(couldn't find doc on the site), I propose we move the code to another
site that allows for multiple people to have admin access, and makes it
clear who those people are.

This would be something good for anyone interested in becoming a new
leader of gNewSense to coordinate (as a reminder, ompaul and bbrazil
have stepped down).

From my perspective the obvious choice would be the FSF's project
hosting site, https://savannah.nongnu.org/ - the mailing lists are
already @nongnu.org addresses.

If we wanted to do more than just host code at the site, I know some
people have mentioned trac; this site does trac hosting, and is
affiliated with http://autonomo.us , so is probably fine from a freedom
perspective: http://www.knowledgeforge.net/

Or of course someone could just set up svn on one of the *.gnewsense.org
machines, although I'm not sure there is a good reason to add that
maintenance overhead to the project.

Cheers,
--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny