Re: [Gnewsense-dev] reintigrate gNewSense with Amagi

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] reintigrate gNewSense with Amagi
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 13:00:38 +1030

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 21:44:22 +0100
Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

> Quiliro Ordóñez schreef:
> > Greetings Quiliro. Basicaly, they are the same distribution, with
> > respect to binaries. At least version 1.0 (which is the one you have
> > now) it is that way. The difference is that the selection of
> > packages was made taking into consideration some modifications:
> > Compile the last version of LXDE (which may, why not, end up being
> > a .deb package for gNewSense and so have a diferent referential
> > repository for the
>
> We've already made some backports, so I think we can manage this if
> you are willing to maintain it. Any special reason to have this

Unlike our other backports though, this comes with the claim "which
may, why not, end up being a .deb package for gNewSense."
Quiliro, does this mean you are not packaging it at all, or just that
you have not built a gNS compatible set of packages?

> version instead of the one in gNS?

> > distribution), as well as trnslation to spanish of the web navigator
> > that is being used [epipahny] (I have half the .po translated) About
>
> I'm not sure, but doesn't it already have a Spanish translation?
> Anyway, make sure you also submit new or updated translations
> upstream (i.e. GNOME).

Agreed.

> > the rest, there are no major differences but there would in the
> > measure that we work on it. If the gNewSense team would accept our
> > suggestion of changes it would be marvelous. Thanks! Es de más vale
> > así. Pero a mi me gusta mejor que sea también

Is there a detailed list of what you've changed, or a way of finding
out? (other then debdiffing the entire archive).

An english version of your distribution? (I didn't follow that bit).

> You mean as a "Minimal desktop" installation?

Or as a task for <otherdistro> (This would require <otherdistro> is a
sub distro of gNS. eg, all packages are in our archives).

> > There is one more thing (I think) that Octavio forgot to mention.
> > The kernel used is 2.6.31.6-libre1.
>
> People who want newer kernels can download them from
> http://aligunduz.org/gNewSense/

these are 32bit x86 only.
kk

--