Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: 2.6.32-libre-lemote vs NetworkManager (race cond

From: Wu Zhangjin
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: 2.6.32-libre-lemote vs NetworkManager (race condition?)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:01:15 +0800

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 04:33 -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Dec 15, 2009, Wu Zhangjin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >> Good to know. I will try 2.6.32 as soon as possible. If you could put
> >> your 2.6.32 source tree / binaries somewhere it would be good to have as
> >> a reference "known good" sanity check. I can give you server space
> >> somewhere if you don't have some easily available.
>
> > http://dev.lemote.com/files/upload/temp/20091215/linux-2.6.32.1-lemote2f.tar.gz
>
> But that's non-Free Linux, isn't it?
>
> Daniel, you may want to try the (Free) Linux-libre binaries available at
> http://linux-libre.fsfla.org/pub/linux-libre/lemote/gnewsense/
>
> The rtl8187b drivers don't require any deblobbing, so they ought to work
> just as well as those above.
>
> I've got a 2.6.32.1 build underway, but I seem to be running into
> overheating problems on that Yeeloong rms-alpha notebook I borrowed from
> the FSF.  It was the first time I tried to do some serious building on
> it.  It runs very hot, and then starts failing (networking failures,
> oopses, etc).  I can't hear the fan working,

Did you install lm-sensors? use sensors to monitor the fan:

$ sensors
fan1: ....

If the fan not work, please enable it:

make it work at manual mode:

$ echo 1 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1_enable

set the PWM to the highest

$ echo 3 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1

It works at auto mode, perhaps there is some problem with the
fancontrol, I will check the kernel support later.