Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: 2.6.32-libre-lemote vs NetworkManager (race cond

From: Wu Zhangjin
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: 2.6.32-libre-lemote vs NetworkManager (race condition?)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 11:14:52 +0800

On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 00:42 -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2009, Wu Zhangjin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > If your fan is not broken, perhaps you can try to update your EC ROM?
>
> That would be worth a shot.  Will you please send me (us?) a pointer to
> it?  Thanks in advance.

Perhaps you can try this one:

http://dev.lemote.com/code/rt4ls/attachment/wiki/linux-loongson-standby-howto/standby-tools-0.2.tar.gz

2.6.31 is the latest kernel I have tested with the above tool to update
the EC ROM. I have reserved the yeeloong_ecrom module
file(yeeloong_ecrom.c) in the kernel source code, but it will not be
compiled into the kernel even with a module(for it is very dangerous,
which may break the users' machine) except touching the kernel source
code file yourself, but I have never tested it with the latest kernel
after 2.6.31, so, please use 2.6.31 instead.

2.6.32:

arch/mips/loongson/lemote-2f/yeeloong_ecrom.c

If you want it, try to add yeeloong_ecrom.o to
arch/mips/loongson/lemote-2f/Makefile.

2.6.33:

drivers/platform/mips/yeeloong_ecrom.c