[Gnewsense-dev] Re: 2.6.32-libre-lemote vs NetworkManager (race conditio

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: 2.6.32-libre-lemote vs NetworkManager (race condition?)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 03:02:24 -0500

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> I've got a 2.6.32.1 build underway, but I seem to be running into
> overheating problems on that Yeeloong rms-alpha notebook I borrowed from
> the FSF.  It was the first time I tried to do some serious building on
> it.  It runs very hot, and then starts failing (networking failures,
> oopses, etc).  I can't hear the fan working, that's probably why it
> fails.  Was there any history of this kind of failure on it, that you
> remember?

Yes, there were fan problems on the alpha boxes. I think we even have a
extra fan lemote shipped us at one point; we ended up not needing it, so
could ship to you - just send me your address and phone # off-list.

> I even tried older kernel releases, lest it be some config option I left
> out, but that didn't help.  So I'm building 2.6.31.8-libre2-lemote and
> 2.6.32.1-libre-lemote on the Yeeloong I got from Poder Digital
> (thanks!), the one I use as my personal computer, on which I did the
> other builds.

If you would find it useful FSF can also give you accounts on the build
farm lemote kindly hosts (in china) and/or a yeeloong gnewsense is using
for builds (in usa).

Is fencepost.gnu.org:/home/o/oliva/.ssh/authorized_keys current?

Cheers,
--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny