Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Xulrunner freedom bug: how to apply patch?

From: Christophe Jarry
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Xulrunner freedom bug: how to apply patch?
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 22:44:38 +0100

> Does the fix require a change in the compiled source code or is it
> sufficient to modify a system-wide configuration file?

The fix requires a change in the compiled source code :(

> If you need to change the actual source code than there's no
> alternative but to track upstream. Metad doesn't have an automatic
> source patching infrastructure like deltah has.

Here I have a problem:

  sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
  apt-get source xulrunner-1.9

gives me xulrunner-1.9.1.4-2, while debian mipsel version is
(http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=xulrunner):

- 1.9.1.15-1~bpo50+1 for lenny backports,
- 1.9.0.19-6 for lenny.

How can this be possible? Is gNewSense metad not up-to-date towards
debian or has debian forgotten to give the sources of their packages?

Note that:

  apt-cache show xulrunner-1.9

or

  apt-cache show xulrunner-1.9.1

gives me several versions: 1.9.0.19-3, 1.9.0.19-6 (x2).

I suppose I have to keep an eye on
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=xulrunner to upload my
modified source code to gNS bzr accordingly.

Christophe