Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Xulrunner freedom bug: how to apply patch?

From: Christophe Jarry
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Xulrunner freedom bug: how to apply patch?
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 08:47:55 +0100

> I tried "aptitude build-dep xulrunner-1.9.1" on my Yeeloong and that
> didn't complain about missing packages. I'd find it weird if a lot of
> dependencies changed between the current lenny-backports version and
> ours. What packages do you have problems with?

Problems occur with xulrunner-1.9.1.11-1~bpo50+1.
Our (metad) version is xulrunner-1.9.1.4-2 (sudo apt-get update &&
apt-cache show xulrunner-1.9.1 | grep -i version).

Here is the error message I have with `dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us
-uc' inside "xulrunner-1.9.1.11" directory:

  dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependancies:
  libglib2.0-dev (>=2.18.0)
  libcairo2-dev (>= 1.8.8)
  libnss3-dev (>= 3.12.6)
  ttf-freefont
  quilt (>= 0.46-7~)
  dpkg-buildpackage: warning: Build dependancies/conflicts unsatisfied;
  aborting.
  dpkg-buildpackage: warning: (Use -d flag to override.)

So see our versions of these packages:

  $ apt-cache show libglib2.0-dev | grep -i version
  Version: 2.16.6-3
  Version: 2.16.6-1+lenny1

  $ apt-cache show libcairo2-dev | grep -i version
  Version: 1.6.4-7

  $ apt-cache show libnss3-dev | grep -i version
  Version: 3.12.3.1-0lenny2
  Version: 3.12.3.1-0lenny1

  $ apt-cache show quilt | grep -i version
  Version: 0.46-6

> I suggest we focus on the current lenny-backports version because I
> imagine that will have some security fixes over ours. If the
> changelog doesn't show any important fixes from our version or it
> can't be built after all, then stick with the current version in
> metad.

Finally I used our xulrunner-1.9.1.4-2 and applied the fix to it. It
built without error this night. I will try it today.

Christophe