Re: [Gnewsense-dev] [bug #38001] Kernel metapackages (linux-latest-2.6)

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] [bug #38001] Kernel metapackages (linux-latest-2.6) refer to missing Debian kernel versions
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 21:20:13 +0100

Op Mon, 31 Dec 2012 13:27:27 +0100
schreef Marek Buras <address@hidden>:
> I took the liberty of doing few changes to the linux-latest-2.6
> metapackage to fix its dependencies list. Modified version can be
> obtained here (with dget):
> http://cyfr0n.c0.pl/gns/parkes/linux-latest-2.6_29gnewsense1.dsc Does
> it solve the problem or there are more things to do?

Great minds think alike. I've been doing the same and missed your email
between hacking and stuffing my face. Luckily our solutions are very
much alike, so it must be right. The only real difference is that I
modified debian/control via debian/templates/control.source.in. Kernel
packages are fussy that way.

I also added a short README.gNewSense. This can serve as a quick
reference for users and developers about the diff between Debian and
gNewSense instead of having to look through the changelog. I noticed I
haven't done that for all packages yet.

> Happy new year full of hacking! ;)

+1