Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Current Status (and Wiki Performance)

From: Bob Ham
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Current Status (and Wiki Performance)
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 10:46:19 +0100

On Thu, 2016-10-27 at 22:56 +0200, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> Op Tue, 25 Oct 2016 09:23:13 +0100
> schreef Bob Ham <address@hidden>:
>
> > >   1. Create branch for every contributor. Sam acts as gatekeeper to
> > > master.
> >
> > Will you be doing this, Sam?  Again, I don't want to make assumptions.
> > Should I/we be waiting for an email from you to say that the repo is
> > good to go?
>
> Please go right ahead and create your own branch. I prefer that you
> push it as builder_<username> to Savannah. If you made a change that
> you would like to see merged into the master branch, please say so on
> this mailing list.

I'm a little confused.  The first item under "Set up VCS repo" in the
plan is "Push Builder code back to Savannah."  Have you done that?  I
haven't been watching the repository.  Looking now at Savannah,

  http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/gnewsense/

there are two directories in the repo with "builder" in the name but
neither seem to have been updated since 2013.

There are two possible interpretations of the situation that I can see:
firstly, there were changes from 2013 which you've recently pushed back
to the repository where we can see the date of the change but not the
date of the push.  Or secondly, that there are further changes to the
repository which are yet to be pushed back.

If it's the second case, I'd prefer to wait until the further changes
have been pushed so that I can branch from the latest code.

Could you clarify what the situation is?

Thanks,

Bob