Re: gnokii & nokia 5100 & linux

From: p_s
Subject: Re: gnokii & nokia 5100 & linux
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:47:38 +0200

           GN_RF_Arbitrary,        /* RF level units */

Apply with patch -l. Now use the following configuration:
model = 5100
connection = irda
port = /dev/ircomm0

You need to enable irda in your linux stack (you need irport module, setup
the irda port etc) and infrared in the phone. Now try 'gnokii --identify'.
Note that you need write access to /dev/ircomm0.

Now I got things compiled from the CVS (which seemed to have the patch you posted here..) I still can't get this running.

I run gnokii:
/usr/local/bin/gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.5.0pre9
Telephone interface init failed: Model specified isn't known/supported. Quitting.

in my .gnokiirc I have:
model=5100
port=/dev/ttyS1
connection=irda
bindir=/usr/local/bin

I can't get the irda run on any other port... when I set in /etc/sysconfig/irda the port to somthing else I can't see any activities with irdadump, but when it's set to ttyS1 it seems to work and it even sees my phone. I have 777 rights to /dev/ttyS1 now..

Clues ?

P_s