Re: SMSD Compilation error.

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: SMSD Compilation error.
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:21:35 +0100

>>> address@hidden 6 March 2003 11:12:48 >>>
> You are wrong. Smsd uses right way to build, because it is able
> to build against current gnokii library without hustle user into
instaling
> gnokii (yes, there must by assumption, that gnokii hasn't broken
> Makefile.global). This is the right way. If the package is unable to
build
> without instalation, the package is broken. If you ever created
binary
> package for distribution (rpm for example), you know about I saying.

Okay. I'm wrong. But I don't like the idea smsd is integrated with the
rest of gnokii. It either should have its own configure (eg. to detect
libmysqlclient or libpq) or it should extend configure from the top
level
gnokii. Current flow is that we should have possibility to build
smsd from the toplevel dir. Also issuing 'make' from the 'smsd/' dir
should not return the error where no '../common/libgnokii.so' is
found but it should compile it instead.

I admit that what I would welcome very much is the separate configure
script for xgnokii and smsd. It would simplify top level configure and
the other two wouldn't be too complicated too much. We have now
the problem with XPM support -- when we should disable X11 support
at all (xgnokii and xpm images handling), where only xgnokii.
Separating
configure scritps would help. In such case options --enable-xgnokii
and --enable-smsd would be welcome much.