Re: SMSD Compilation error.

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: SMSD Compilation error.
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:18:08 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Pawel Kot wrote:

> Okay. I'm wrong. But I don't like the idea smsd is integrated with the
> rest of gnokii. It either should have its own configure (eg. to detect
> libmysqlclient or libpq) or it should extend configure from the top
> level

Do you have seen this mail?
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:39:35 +0100 (CET)
From: Jan Derfinak <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden,
     Discussion forum for gnokii users. <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: SMSD Modules

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Peter Nixon wrote:

> > If you ask why you must compile modules manualy it is because it isn't
> > obvious that systems satisfy requirements for compilation all modules.
>
> OK. Is there any reason why SMSD is not included in the configure script for
> gnokii?

The same as above. It needs very clever configuration script to detect SQL
devel enviroments. Especialy if they are self compiled.

> SuSE spec file. When I have time I will fix/make a configure script to do
> it all properly.

Ok. It would be fine.

If somebody want to write configure script I'm not against it. But it must
right detect postgresql and mysql (including self compiled).
In present time I think that it is too much work with only small advantage.

> gnokii. Current flow is that we should have possibility to build
> smsd from the toplevel dir. Also issuing 'make' from the 'smsd/' dir
> should not return the error where no '../common/libgnokii.so' is
> found but it should compile it instead.

Do you had try this or do you had read smsd/README?
This worked from begining.

%25> cd smsd/
%26> make
gcc -g -O2  -I../include -DMODULES_DIR=\"/usr/local/share/smsd\"
-D_REENTRANT `glib-config --cflags` -I/usr/X11R6/include  -c -o smsd.o smsd.c
gcc -g -O2  -I../include -DMODULES_DIR=\"/usr/local/share/smsd\"
-D_REENTRANT `glib-config --cflags` -I/usr/X11R6/include  -c -o lowlevel.o
lowlevel.c
gmake -C ../common libgnokii.so    <------------------------ see this
gmake[1]: Entering directory /var/tmp/gnokii/common'
gcc -g -O2  -I../include -I/usr/X11R6/include  -c -o gsm-api.o gsm-api.c
gcc -g -O2  -I../include -I/usr/X11R6/include  -c -o gsm-error.o gsm-error.c
gcc -g -O2  -I../include -I/usr/X11R6/include  -c -o gsm-statemachine.o
gsm-statemachine.c
gcc -g -O2  -I../include -I/usr/X11R6/include  -c -o cfgreader.o cfgreader.c
gcc -g -O2  -I../include -I/usr/X11R6/include  -c -o device.o device.c
flex -ovcal.c vcal.lx
gcc -g -O2  -I../include -I/usr/X11R6/include  -c -o vcal.o vcal.c
gcc -g -O2  -I../include -I/usr/X11R6/include  -c -o vcard.o vcard.c

> I admit that what I would welcome very much is the separate configure
> script for xgnokii and smsd. It would simplify top level configure and
> the other two wouldn't be too complicated too much. We have now

I agree but with notice above. But there isn't reason for depend compilation of
smsd or xgnokii to gnokii instalation.

                                        jan

--
----- I can't get no satisfaction -----