Re: Version supporting 3110

From: Osma Suominen
Subject: Re: Version supporting 3110
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:12:23 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 address@hidden wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where to get a compiled .exe version of Gnokii that will
> work with my Nokia 3110 under Win32 or DOS?
> I find with the cable I'm using that data at 115.2kbaud is sent from the
> phone at power up. Does this make it an FBUS cable?
> Will this do?
> Will the --monitor command work with this model?

I have been working on 3110 support for the soon-to-be-released 0.5.0
version. However, I'm working with Debian Linux and I haven't tested
other architectures. If you can find a working win32 version of
0.5.0 (or recent prereleases or preferably rc1) there's a fair chance
that the 3110 will "work". But only some operations are implemented for
the 3110. You can send/receive plaintext SMS's, and --monitor works.

Your cable is probably a FBUS cable, because AFAIK all 3110 cables are
FBUS cables.

If you find a version to test, I'd like to hear about the results.

The 0.3.x versions were the last versions of gnokii before 0.5.0 to
support the 3110, so you could also try those. 0.4.x didn't have 3110
support.

-Osma

--
*** Osma Suominen *** address@hidden *** http://www.iki.fi/ozone/ ***