Re: Version supporting 3110

From: Osma Suominen
Subject: Re: Version supporting 3110
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 17:59:20 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 address@hidden wrote:

> I have a compiled version of Gnokii 0.3.2 for DOS/win, will this work with
> the 3110? I'm not sure what to put in the _gnokiirc config file, if I put...

I have only tested 0.3.5 on Linux and it works with the 3110.
I don't know about 0.3.2, whether it supports the 3110 at all.

> [global]
> port = COM1:
> model = 3110
> initlength = default
> connection = serial
> bindir = /usr/sbin/

I don't know about the format of the config file for Windows versions.
The bindir setting is obviously wrong here (it's a unix path), but I
don't know how it should be set. Check the documentation that came with
the Windows binary, if there was any.

> ...then I just get lots of errors. These errors are not there if it's set to
> 'model=5110' for example. Is there a config that will allow this version to
> support 3110? It's likely I will only want to use the --monitor function
> anyway, as my current project involves getting the 'Cell ID' and 'LAC' from a
> phone. Yes, a compiled version of  0.5.0 would be useful, only I don't know
> where to find it, I have tried the Gnokii FTP site and can only find the
> source code.

I'm sorry, I can only give you a lot of "I don't know":s because I've
only done development on Linux and haven't used 0.3.x except briefly to
see how it works.

Maybe you should try to set up a compiler so you can try compiling 0.5.0
yourself. That could be useful to the project in general as well, if you
can provide feedback on what worked and what didn't work. 0.3.x stuff is
not a priority for anyone because it's an ancient version, so there's
little possibility to help you with that.

You could also post the error messages you get to the list, because "I
get lots of errors" is very hard to decipher...

-Osma

--
*** Osma Suominen *** address@hidden *** http://www.iki.fi/ozone/ ***