gnomoradio-devel

[gnomoradio-devel] Why not Ogg Vorbis?

From: Jack Moffitt
Subject: [gnomoradio-devel] Why not Ogg Vorbis?
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:30:06 -0600

>From looking through the code, it looks like this project is focusing on
MP3s.  Since people will want faster downloads and better quality, and
you are writing a player, I highly suggest switching to Ogg Vorbis
instead of MP3.  You can also avoid living in a quite legally nebulous
world of licensing.

The Ogg and Vorbis libraries should be trivial to plug in and easy to
use, and we're happy to help you if you have any specific questions.

It looks to me like this project is poised to get a lot of attention,
and I think it would be great if we could work together to promote Open
and Free technologies alongside your other goals.

Regards,
jack.