gnomoradio-devel

[gnomoradio-devel] Extending the RDF format

From: Jim Garrison
Subject: [gnomoradio-devel] Extending the RDF format
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:57:24 -0500

Huy guys,

I have been thinking about adding a couple of elements to the RDF file
spec.  They should be semi-useful.

1. Hyperlinks to other artists.  There should be two types of
these--links to bands/songs/albums with similar music, and links to
bands/songs/albums with music that is different from the person doing
the linking.  Links to other artists can help establish a network of
connections between artists, calculate some sort of popularity on a
google-like scale, and assist the webcrawler in finding new music.  Not
every artist will use this feature, but some will.  It's pretty much the
equivalent of having a links page to other artists on a normal website.

2. Image/Pictures.  These should be able to be attached to an artist (a
picture of the group), an album (cover art/liner notes), or for some
unknown reason, even a song.  Having images will make promoting an
artist's image a lot easier.

Let me know what you guys think (if anything) of these.  I'll probably
get working on them some time this week or weekend.  After these
changes, it may be a good idea to officially document what we have for
the RDF format and to make a schema.

Peace.
--
Jim Garrison <address@hidden>