[Gnu-arch-users] tla-bash-complete improvements

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-bash-complete improvements
Date: 01 Sep 2003 10:13:53 -0700

On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 09:48, Jonas Diemer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've added version completion to the script.

Thanks!

 I'm not shure how to do
> revision completion though? Maybe have the script just complete to
>
> cat--branch--version--
>
> whenever a revision is a valid argument. this should save a lot of
> typing work but still won't give possible hundreds of revisions for
> choice.

I think it's ok to list all the revisions.  It's the same thing for file
completion in a large directory.  archive cycling for this and other
reasons ought to keep revision counts from reaching the 1000's, I
suspect.

> I added a todo list too.

Yeah, respecting -A or archive/ was the reason I hadn't tackled this
yet.  But having the limited impl. in the meantime is ok.

> Jonas
>
> PS: Sorry, there are two "no changes" revisions which I accidentally
> created (I thought I was in my testing project).

I didn't merge those. :)

address@hidden
  tla-bash-complete
    tla-bash-complete--rwa
      tla-bash-complete--rwa--1.0

        base-0

        patch-1
          merges in:
            address@hidden/tla-bash-complete--jonas--1.0--base-0
            address@hidden/tla-bash-complete--jonas--1.0--patch-1
            address@hidden/tla-bash-complete--jonas--1.0--patch-2
            address@hidden/tla-bash-complete--jonas--1.0--patch-3
            address@hidden/tla-bash-complete--jonas--1.0--patch-4
            address@hidden/tla-bash-complete--jonas--1.0--patch-5

        patch-2
          merges in:
            address@hidden/tla-bash-complete--jonas--1.0--patch-8

I'm posting this to the list - I think all of this discussion is
appropriate there.

Bob