[Gnu-arch-users] tla library-add - high cpu

From: Robert Collins
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla library-add - high cpu
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 08:40:15 +1000

Just a note:
        tla library-add seems to spend most of it's time thinking, not patching
or retrieving.

For instance, in a recent tla library-add
address@hidden/squid--HEAD--3.0 (~400 patches), into a
clean revision library, tla took ~15 seconds to get back to the start
and do the first patch. After that though, it spends quite some time
doing nothing obvious, and top shows tla at 100% cpu.

The archive was being accessed via sftp. It's possibly a retrieval code
problem - or a logic problem of some sort. It's spending 30-40 seconds
per patch, and those patches can be grabbed by sftp in about 2 seconds,
so I suspect a bad O somewhere in tla itself.

So... I just thought I'd note this, for any interested parties.

I'll follow up with a note if it seems to speed up near the end of the
process.

Cheers,
Rob