Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch and $Id$

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch and $Id$
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 18:15:08 -0400

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 07:25:38AM +0100, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> > Can tla expand keywords like $Id$ in CVS?
>
> No, it can't.

And thank god too, I really hate those, they cause no end of problems.

If you want a version number somewhere, generate it during build, or in a
hook or something (but please don't modify a source file to do it!).

-Miles
--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff