Re: [Gnu-arch-users] $http_proxy seems to be ignored

From: Alexander Deruwe
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] $http_proxy seems to be ignored
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:03:21 +0200

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 02:56:23PM +0200, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> tla certainly does honor http_proxy, but seems to have some problems
> with Squid (though I had no time yet to explore this further).

Maybe there are problems with squid, but for me the problem went away
when I stopped using the debian package and rolled my own tla.
This was quite recently, as I was reinstalling my home machine; I
figured I'd use the debian package to get 1.1, but it wouldn't get past
my provider's proxy.

Alexander