Re: [Gnu-arch-users] $http_proxy seems to be ignored

From: Alexander Deruwe
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] $http_proxy seems to be ignored
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 14:28:28 +0200

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 02:30:04PM +0400, Samium Gromoff wrote:
> bash-2.05b$ tla -V
> tla tla-1.0.6-2 from regexps.com

[...]

> bash-2.05b$ tla ls-archives
> address@hidden
>     http://complex.dyndns.org:8000/~jason/address@hidden
> bash-2.05b$ echo $http_proxy
> 194.226.4.65:3128
>
>       And despite all this tla keeps connecting directly, as far
>  as strace shows...

Yep, this is a bug in tla 1.0.6 that bit me as well.  You're best off
running the 1.1pre series, which has more features and generally is more
complete.
IIRC there's debian packages for 1.1pre too, and they are rebuilt daily.
I don't remember where they're at, sorry..

|  Alexander Deruwe      |                  personal website                  |
|                        |         http://aderuwe.homelinux.org:8080          |
|  address@hidden   |                                                    |
|                        |                    perspective                     |
|  Developer             |   http://aderuwe.homelinux.org:8080/perspective    |