Re: [Gnu-arch-users] http archives no longer seem to work

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] http archives no longer seem to work
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 19:17:17 +0200

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 10:04:11 -0700, Kristian G. Kvilekval wrote:
> Thanks!  I am now seeing a related problem:
>
> The public http archive is a mirror of
> my private unaccessible archive.  However, I
> am unable to register it.   I guess this is
> a feature but it feels like a bug.
>
> $ tla register-archive  http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~kris/archive-public
> archive already registered: address@hidden
> Registering archive: address@hidden
>
> $ tla archives
> address@hidden
>     sftp://shawsheen.cs.ucsb.edu/home/kris/.ARCHIVES/2003

For every archive, there is exactly one location.
There is an option, that forces overwriting an old archive location.

Also note, that you won't be able to commit to an archive that is marked
as mirror -- but you can promote a mirror to primary archive by removing
the =meta-info/mirror file.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>