Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Utterly painless arch?

From: Damien Elmes
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Utterly painless arch?
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 03:56:21 +1000

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:

> In all honesty, while people do sometimes complain about the
> namespace, I don't think it is a huge obstacle.  I could be wrong.

I think if you just tell people to use --dev--1.0 until they're ready
to grok anything more than a name for a project, it mostly solves the
problem. Maybe init-tree could even tack those on automatically if
necessary - though since many other commands expect the full format,
this is probably not a good idea, without at least a big notice to
the user when running init-tree.

Cheers,
--
Damien Elmes