Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Utterly painless arch?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Utterly painless arch?
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:20:42 +0900

    Zack> So to make it utterly painless to start using arch, I think
    Zack> the first thing would be to create a tla command that takes
    Zack> care of a whole bunch of stuff, such as creating an initial
    Zack> archive, branch, etc.,

Let's not put tutorial features in the primary interface.

Make it a separate script `arch-newbie', where the newbie can read it
(maybe even have an `arch-newbie introspect' command that pipes itself
to less), not part of tla.  And add an option for it to be a mirror of
address@hidden (alternatively, address@hidden).

    Zack> The second big piece of overhead is the naming conventions
    Zack> imposed on repositories (I know, I know, but let's avoid the
    Zack> flames please). Its enough of a pain just understanding the
    Zack> category--branch--etc style, let alone remembering it later.

So install a decent shell and use one of the fancy completion
interfaces.  No?