[Gnu-arch-users] Re: hooks and remote archives

From: Marc Martinez
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: hooks and remote archives
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:55:51 -0700

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 01:59:59PM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:
> That'd be the simplest thing and the `archive-snapshot' command is
> designed to make it easy to use `make(1)' to write such a job.  For

before I start off to the land of a thousand curse words, I thought
I'd check in here and see if anybody has a Makefile designed for use
with 'archive-snapshot' or can give me some brief pointers in how to
proceed with a from-scratch implementation.

is it reccomended to use one single Makefile with text-chopping logic
to figure out archive, category, branch, version boundaries, or multiple
template type files that get copied into the subdirectories, etc..

if all else fails I'll just do the deed in perl I guess, just wanted
to see what the reccomended path looked like before I went off on my
own.

thanks for any advice,
Marc