Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Utterly painless arch?

From: Tobias C. Rittweiler
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Utterly painless arch?
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:30:51 +0200

On Thursday, September 11, 2003 at 3:27:58 AM,
    Stephen J. Turnbull <address@hidden> wrote:

>     Tobias> Why should those people ever try tla?
> [...]
>     Tobias> (I don't want to become elitistical here, but really... a
>     Tobias> revision control system isn't a very casual tool.)
>
> Thus speaks someone who has never been closely associated with
> corporate management, I'm willing to bet.  All managers lust in their
> hearts for a "versioning file system with revision control features";
> they just don't know that they should call it that.  A revision
> control system with ease of use (ie, it doesn't increase the cost of
> training and therefore the outside opportunities and wages of trained
> secretaries) would do, I'm sure.

I think you missed the point what kind of people I was talking about.
"those people" refers to people not being practically experienced with
the shell, and that shouldn't fit to any programmer. And now tell me why
a non-programmer should ever try the raw form, tla?

-- tcr (address@hidden)  ``Ho chresim'eidos uch ho poll'eidos sophos''