[Gnu-arch-users] Re: ViewARCH-0.0.2

From: Tez Kamihira
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ViewARCH-0.0.2
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 17:08:52 +0900 (JST)

On 11 Sep 2003 14:03:25 +0900, Miles Bader <address@hidden> said:
> Tez Kamihira <address@hidden> writes:
> > I made ViewARCH-0.0.2 and its cache generator.
>
>  [...]
>
>  (2) When directory browsing, I think it should be a little bit more
>      like ViewCVS, with each file having buttons to access the following
>      things:
>
>  [...]
>
>       B. A file-specific history of the file; this info isn't in arch,
>          of course, but you can generate it in the same way my
>          `tla-file-log' shell script does.[*]

I don't think it's a good idea, Because every inventory can change its
name (= file name). I've not tried your work thoroughly yet, but suspect
that it can't track the file name transition.

A good news is, the internal format of ViewARCH's cache is not file name
oriented but inventory's. It includes the file name history itself.
I hope it'd be possible some day.

>  [...]
>
>  (6) In the revisions view, the `(directory browsing)' button sounds a
>      bit funny; how about `(browse directory)' (or just `(directory)').

This kind of advise is _deadly_ welcome. Even if I check my English grammar
books, it's very hard for me to know whether each sentence is _natual_ or not.
You know, natual language does not mean a collection of grammar.

Rest of your idea are simply applied. Thanks.

http://arch.bluegate.org/cgi-bin/viewarch.cgi/address@hidden/ViewArch--tez--0.0.2

      - Tez