[Gnu-arch-users] Re: ViewARCH-0.0.2

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ViewARCH-0.0.2
Date: 09 Sep 2003 15:52:57 +0900

Jonas Diemer <address@hidden> writes:
> Wouldn't it be cool if all of archs functionality was bundled in
> functions of a library which tla and ViewARCH (and others) would link
> against?

Hmmm, tla uses `libarch' internally (the actual tla program is about 20
lines).

> That way, the frontends would be fairly immune against changes in the
> tla syntax. I think it also makes sense from Tom's "arch is
> specification based, not implementation based" way.

Well, actually `libarch' is sort of half-and-half -- it contains all the
command-line interfaces too, and many of them invoke other commands
internally via an argc/argv interface (maybe this latter point is a
legacy of arch's past, I don't know).

But at the least, you can avoid the vagaries of invoking other processes.

-Miles
--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.