archive registration (was: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ViewARCH-0.0.2)

From: Doran Moppert
Subject: archive registration (was: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ViewARCH-0.0.2)
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:33:00 +1000

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 02:03:25PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> [*] See address@hidden/tla-tools--devo--0/tla-file-log'.
>     (btw, do people find this notation for a particular file in an arch
>     archive intuitive?  I mean `the file called tla-file-log in the arch
>     revision address@hidden/tla-tools--devo--0')

Speaking for myself, yes: the arch namespace makes sense to me like this.
In my mind the -- could be as easily exchanged for : / or any number of
characters, the important thing is the (location)(item)(path) syntax.

But to bring up a chestnut: where is address@hidden published? It's
infuriating having the archive identifier but no way to map it to a physical
location ...

NB- yes, I can get it from aderuwe's mirror, but that doesn't help me find
the canonical source any more. Alexander, can you please bring back the
page which displayed the original URLs?