Re: [Gnu-arch-users] migrating projects

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] migrating projects
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 01:19:37 -0700

On Monday, Sep 15, 2003, at 01:00 US/Pacific, Magnus Therning wrote:

If the project uses not only autoconf but also automake then it is good
form to make sure it can build in a separate directory since the target
'distcheck' will fail otherwise.

This is something I should consider for my own projects, but some of the projects I've got are imports from other projects. For example, I've imported both the original ssh and openssh source trees in order to make LDAP an option for locating RSA keys. In cases like that, I'm just trying to make a small change to an isolated part of the system. Dramatically changing their build system for them would be greatly beyond the scope of the change I was trying to make and would pretty much guarantee my patch would be refused. :)

Personally, I've never used automake. It makes me think of imake, which scares me. :)

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>