Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: documentation as info

From: Denys Duchier
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: documentation as info
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 20:31:14 +0200

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:

> While I acknowledge that the current doc language is, to put it
> mildly, problematic, please allow me to discourage a mad rush to
> texinfo.
>
> I intend to make improvements in this area but (a) don't consider
> texinfo-as-source much of an improvement and (b) want to work on this
> a bit later, rather than sooner.

Tom, you really should not try to solve _all_ problems :-) This is not
a wheel that it is particularly urgent to reivent, and Texinfo does
the job.  Also, makeinfo supports info, docbook, html, and xml output.
So there is no lock-in, and the tools for processing (and eventual
migration if desired) are already available and in common use today.

Cheers,

--
Dr. Denys Duchier
Équipe Calligramme