Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: documentation as info

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: documentation as info
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:41:53 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Zack Brown <address@hidden>

    > Tom, *PLEASE* be more timely in accepting doc patches. There
    > have been no updates to the tutorial for weeks,

2 weeks and 3 days, to be precise.

    > and patches are just rotting in your inbox.

which is hardly "rotting", especially considering other changes made
during that time period.

    > You're making it impossible for people to learn tla or to help
    > others learn it.

Why do you think the doc issue was added in my recent declaration of
1.1 plans?

    > Don't sit on that part of the project. You *have* to let it breathe if
    > people are going to be able to get anywhere.

I think you are being slightly myopic about the timescales involved
here but it's a moot point since updates will happen soon anyway.

    > At this point I'm considering forking off the tutorial, changing
    > the file format, and putting it on a new web page. What are
    > folks' thoughts on that?

I think it's about 10x the amount of work needed to make a useful
contribution.

Now, as it happens, yes, your rant is effective:  I'll clear the bug
tracker of doc changes within the next day or three.

But it really wouldn't be difficult for you to to make a docs-tla
branch and merge those changes yourself.  Compile up a copy of systas
and `make html ps' in the appropriate directory.   If you did that
work, I could certainly merge back from your branch.