Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: documentation as info

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: documentation as info
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:33:26 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Tupshin Harper <address@hidden>

    > Tom Lord wrote:

    > >    > From: Tupshin Harper <address@hidden>

    > >    > Sigh...did this have to turn into a XML vs. everything else
    > >    > argument?

    > >Well, XML sucks and the social, poltiical, and economic distortions of
    > >the massive group-fraud known as the "dot com bubble" caused XML to
    > >have, nevertheless, a profound impact on the lives, careers, and
    > >practices of many techies.

    > >XML is both symbol and a large fraction of the substance of things
    > >wrong in the industry.   MSFT may be bad -- but w3c is worse.

    > If you would be kind as to mention Nazis, I would be happy to invoke
    > Godwin and end this.

I'm not familiar with that engineering principle.  Are you saying that
if I agree to mention that historical political party XML will cease
to suck?  Are you saying that if I agree to mention that historical
political party that the interplay of XML, w3c, and markets during the
dot-com bubble will be retroactively revised?   Are you just trying to
wish away the many very legitimate complaints about XML and it's
deployment by comparing those complaints to rhetorical excesses which
are otherwise unrelated?   Really, not quite following you here.

Yeah, Godwin's joke is funny.  But I've heard it already.

XML isn't so funny.