Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: documentation as info

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: documentation as info
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:18:58 -0700 (PDT)

       miles:

       > My problem with xml/sgml is as a human-edited source
       > language, i.e., what the tla docs are.

They're also just the _wrong_ slice across a complex,
multi-dimensional design space, but that's _much_ harder to explain.
So, yes, I hope your kind of front-line arguments prevail but, behind
those.....

Give me some abstract data type standards to start with (and, no, I
don't mean DOM -- more like a set of lisp types).  And give me a
freakin' language, not DTDs and Schema (geeze, only one letter off).
We can build out the read/write variations from there.

But XMLers won't get that at all.   They aren't even in the same city
as the ballpark.  And their audience?  Pheh.