Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [ANNOUNCE] tlator-0.1 initial release

From: Samium Gromoff
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [ANNOUNCE] tlator-0.1 initial release
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:28:10 +0400

At Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:06:42 +0200,
Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> > These are old problems, solved by automake and autoconf a long, long, long
> > time ago.  For crying out loud, could you at least provide the 3rd bullet
> > in your next release?
>
> Up to now, I've never really used auto{make,conf} really for anything
> else than as a _user_. I've ./configure'd something, but never ever
> created the autoconf/automake _base_ to get that ./configure. Maybe you
> are volunteering to do it? As it seems, this project doesn't have
> complicated source relations nor dependancies. You'll do that easily
> (and I'll most probably learn how to use the auto.* tools:)

        Actually i dislike automake for the loads of crap it burdens
 the compilation process with.

        I wrote the build system with the "Recursive Make Considered
 Harmful" paradigm and implementation in mind, for my another project,
 and it decreased the build/rebuild time dramatically.

        However it does not solve the portability problems yet,
 of course, and i plan to solve this, most probably with autoconf.
 This is not high on my priority list though.

> MfG, JBG

regards, Samium Gromoff