Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [patch] regression test suite

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [patch] regression test suite
Date: 16 Sep 2003 23:32:50 -0700

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 22:51, Colin Walters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was pretty surprised to learn tla doesn't have a test suite; it's the
> kind of software that is easily amenable to writing one.

Actually there's been at least two if not more incarnations of a test
"infrastructure," and one relatively complete test suite aimed squarely
at arch's heart: mkpatch/dopatch.

I think the mkpatch/dopatch test suite is in the development sources;
the other test suites never really made it to prime time for lack of the
significant work required to work up and maintain *valuable* test cases,
as exemplified by, if I do say so myself, the mkpatch/dopatch suite.

So, mostly, I hope you can keep up the good work.

Bob